When bad things happen to you, you will need the inspiration to get you through the dark times. Bad things happen to everyone. Be reassured that everyone has walked in your shoes and that things will get better with time and care. These uplifting quotes will remind you to look for the sunshine in any situation.
You can’t stop bad things from happening, but you can change your attitude toward them. Look for opportunities when bad things happen. For example, if you lose a job, maybe the perfect new job is out there waiting for you. Find ways to turn the situation around and think positively about your misfortune.
10 Uplifting Quotes to Turn To When Bad Things Happen
1. “Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings.”
2. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.”
3. “We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don’t even matter, while all that time we waste and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk and watch us beg in the streets! It’s time to put an end to this. It’s time for us to let ourselves be loved.”
C. JoyBell C.
4. “Struggles put you in a position to make better decisions. You’ll survive and should take the lessons learned especially in order to move forward in life. It may have been raining in your life for a moment, but the sun will shine again”
Amaka Imani Nkosazana, Release The Ink
5. “In everybody’s life, there’s a point of no return. And in a very few cases, a point where you can’t go forward anymore. And when we reach that point, all we can do is quietly accept the fact. That’s how we survive.”
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
6. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.”
7. “Those who overcome great challenges will be changed, and often in unexpected ways. For our struggles enter our lives as unwelcome guests, but they bring valuable gifts. And once the pain subsides, the gifts remain. These gifts are life’s true treasures, bought at a great price, but cannot be acquired in any other way.”
8. “Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You’ll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It’s a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn’t education. It’s history. It’s poetry.”
J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
9. “Change always happens… We adjust to it. Somehow we figure out a way. We straighten what we can or learn how to like something a little crooked. That’s how it is. Something breaks, you fix it as best you can. There’s always a way to make something better, even if it means sweeping up the broken pieces and starting all over. That’s how we keep moving, keep breathing, keep opening our eyes every morning, even when the only thing we know for sure is that we’re still alive.”
10. “Solitude is good for a time, but not for all time. Don’t forget to come back and embrace a community. Build one, if you must. Don’t neglect the sharing of yourself. Even those parts that are not so clean have value. In fact, the best lessons you have to offer in life come from your struggles in the darkness and grit of life.”
These quotes will help you find a path forward from distress to acceptance. While no one can stop bad things from happening, these quotes can be a source of comfort and a reminder that sorrow and pain don’t last forever. Bad things sometimes bring opportunities for greater joy and fulfillment in life. These quotes will teach you to deal with the pain and move forward.
(C)Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved