Are you feeling down on your luck and needing a reason to smile? Sometimes in life, we can get bogged down and so wrapped up in the stress and troubles of life that we forget to take the time needed to smile and be happy. When we are happy, there is no room for anxiety or stress to creep in. Happiness is contagious. The more we exhibit it in our lives, the more we will positively impact those around us and closest to us. Happiness quotes can help you be a better person every day.
Sometimes quotes on happiness and words, in general, can change our attitude completely. If you need a quick mood boost, consider reading the best happiness quotes from the most influential people in history and a smile is sure to creep across your face. No doubt spending time reading positive quotes on happiness will make your day more positive and make you happier.
Here are 12 quotes on happiness that will make you smile instantly.
The best happiness quotes will have you smiling at the end of reading them.
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
2. “If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you’re not going to be very happy. If someone bases his/her happiness on major events like a great job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn’t going to be happy much of the time. On the other hand, if happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness.” – Andy Rooney
3. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
4. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
5. “Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
6. “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” – Unknown
And a few more …
7. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
8. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
9. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
10. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” – Dale Carnegie
11. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
12. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Herman Cain
Closing Thoughts on Finding Happiness
Quotes on happiness will help you remember to smile more. Smiling is good for your overall health because it helps to reduce signs of stress or anxiety you might be feeling. When you are happy and smiling, you will feel more motivated to accomplish more in your life, so finding the time to smile and laugh is crucial to success. When you are investing in your personal happiness, you are investing in your future, your success, and your relationships. Smiling is the key to success and will help as you journey through life. Happiness quotes are a great way to add a dose of positivity to your day.
Each time you allow a smile to form on your face by reading quotes on happiness, you also release endorphins that keep your mood positive, making you more approachable. This means that the happier you are, the more people will want to be around you! Think of all the friends you will have when you take the time to invest in your own happiness.