When you’re in a deep romance, finding the right words to express the love you feel can be challenging. Quotes about romance can help you get your point across, and they’re a romantic gesture for your partner. There are many ways to show someone how much you care, and inspirational quotes are one of the best.
You want to share a message that shows the depth and meaning of how you feel about them. You might not know exactly what to say unless you’re a poet. Luckily, these quotes about romance can help you, and your partner will cherish the meaning.
You can memorize the lines and share these quotes with your partner in person. Or, you can send it in a text message or write it out in a note. No matter how you choose to share the quotes about romance, your partner will get butterflies and remember why they care for you.
Romance can be intense, and its feelings are sometimes difficult to explain. These quotes about romance can help you explain to your partner just how you feel, allowing them to understand. As you read through these inspirational quotes, keep your loved one in mind and share the ones that resonate the most.
Inspirational Quotes About Romance That Withstand the Test of Time
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
When you’ve found someone special, don’t hesitate to let them know. If they are the person for you, tell them there is no one else for you. You connect on a deeper level, and your partner will be happy to know how you feel.
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
Your feelings continue to grow, even when you think you couldn’t feel any deeper about someone. This quote about romance is sweet and shows your increasing feelings about the person you care about.
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
Sometimes you can’t explain how or why you fell for someone, but you know you did. When that happens, this is the perfect quote for you.
- “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
When you’ve met your soulmate, they’ll seem to be more like you than you are. They’ll know you intimately, and you’ll feel connected as one.
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.” – Oscar Wilde
This quote by Wilde reminds you of how much light romance brings to your life. It enriches every part of your being and allows you to embrace life fully.
- “I can no longer think of anything but you. In spite of myself, my imagination carries me to you. I grasp you, I kiss you, I caress you, a thousand of the most amorous caresses take possession of me.” – Honoré de Balzac
Telling your partner that you can’t stop thinking about them is sweet, but this quote says it in a much deeper way. Romance can be all-consuming, as described in the details of Balzac’s imagination.
- “Because of you, I can feel myself slowly, but surely, becoming the me I have always dreamed of being.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
Your person will make you feel like the best version of yourself yet. You’ll strive to become better and live the life of your dreams when you have a loving partner by your side.
- “Don’t ever think I fell for you or fell over you. I didn’t fall in love, I rose in it.” – Toni Morrison
Saying you fell for someone makes it sound like you didn’t have a choice. However, using the words of Morrison make it sound much more wonderful.
When you rise instead of falling, it implies that you knew what was happening every step of the way. It also shows that you cherish the experience as it was a moment that rose you up as an individual.
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect, and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
You think your partner is perfect when you first meet someone and start falling for them. As time goes on, you’ll see their flaws and imperfections. However, Lim explains that those imperfections make you care for your partner more.
- “Love, whether newly born or aroused from a deathlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, that it overflows upon the outward world.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
Romance should bring you joy and happiness each day, no matter how long you’ve felt it. This quote about romance by Hawthorne will tell your partner that their presence does this to you. It’ll bring a smile and fill their world with sunshine, too.
- “I have for the first time found what I can truly love – I have found you. You are my sympathy – my better self – my good angel – I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my centre and spring of life, wrap my existence about you – and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.” – Charlotte Brontë
These words are passionate and truly explain what it’s like to be in an intense romance for the first time. Your partner becomes your world, and you don’t see a thing wrong with them. You become part of your partner, and they become part of you.
- “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” -Marilyn Monroe
It doesn’t take much to make your partner feel giddy and excited when you’re in a deep romance. Monroe explains that a forehead kiss or meaningful smile can entice those emotions.
- “Deep within us — no matter who we are — there lives a feeling of wanting to be lovable, of wanting to be the kind of person that others like to be with. And the greatest thing we can do is to let people know that they are loved and capable of loving.” – Fred Rogers
Everyone wants to be lovable and have people who want to spend time with them. This quote reminds you to tell your romantic partner how much they mean to you whenever you can. It’ll make them feel good and allow them to share their feelings with you, too.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
Strength and courage can get you far in life and improve your relationship. Don’t be afraid to fall for someone and accept the same in return. Romance can improve your life as long as you’re willing to open up to your partner.
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
When someone seems to be on your mind, don’t be afraid to let them know. Make it clear that thoughts of them fill your mind and make your life more beautiful.
- “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen
You can’t pick when or where you will fall for someone. It happens unexpectedly and quickly, as Dessen explains.
- “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
Life goes on even if you’re not in a relationship, but it might not be as meaningful. Romance makes the experience exciting, bringing light to your life each day.
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
The flame will be fresh and shocking at the beginning of a romance. It’ll glow for everyone to see, but eventually, the intensity wears off. Then it becomes a part of you, always present and untouchable.
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known, and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
This quote about romance is sure to send chills through your partner’s body. It is flattering and expresses deep feelings, bringing inspiration to your relationship.
- “You don’t love because: you love despite; not for the virtues, but despite the faults.” – William Faulkner
When you fall for someone, you embrace their negative qualities and faults. You enjoy everything about them, not just the things they’re good at.
Final Thoughts on Inspirational Quotes About Romance That Withstand the Test of Time
These quotes about romance will allow you to find the right words to explain your feelings for your partner. It’ll improve your relationship and help your partner understand how you feel. They might even reply with quotes, allowing you to share meaningful messages.
Whatever way you choose to share the quotes will be meaningful to both of you. You might want to keep some of the passages where you’ll often see them. It’ll bring a smile to your face whenever you think of your partner.