No level-headed person would say that they enjoy worrying, but given how much time we spend caught up in our own minds, it almost seems like we take pleasure in not feeling good. We keep thinking that we need certain things in order to be happy. However, happiness is really much closer than we think. Doris Mortman is right when she says “Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.”
Finding happiness is all about realizing it at the moment. We can embrace our present circumstances and not feel so overwhelmed by what’s stressing us out. When we worry so much, we sabotage our chances at happiness.
These quotes about happiness should help keep worries from getting the best of you.
1. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
Life really is too short to worry as much as we do. Quotes about happiness, like this one from author Elbert Hubbard reminds us that spending life fretting about what is or could be going wrong is just a waste of time. Instead, we should embrace how utterly unpredictable it all is.
2. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” – Albert Camus
You should love and appreciate others, but for true happiness, you shouldn’t be caught up in what their opinions are. Not everyone will agree with you, and that’s their right. If you spend your whole life trying to live up to other’s expectations, you’re going to be confused about who you even are. Do things because you want to do them, not because you think you should do them.
3. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
Arguably no name is as synonymous with wisdom as Confucious. He accurately describes how we get our lives so jumbled up with problems that don’t need to exist. Instead, we can just embrace the moment and live our lives how we need to. If necessary, we can reduce our material goods to give ourselves a break.
4. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment, wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
Another incredibly wise name, Buddha gives us one of the best quotes about happiness by letting us know that by staying focused on the present, we can keep ourselves from worrying. The past and future might be out of our control, but we do have control over the present, which can lead to true happiness.
5. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy.” – Robert Anthony
While you might think that happiness is anything but a choice, many people are happy with just letting themselves brood and wallow in their unhappiness. To actually become happy takes work, but it’s an effort worth making.
6. “The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than growing with them.” – Bernard Baruch
One doesn’t avoid worries by having nothing to worry about. Instead, they approach their responsibilities and concerns with as much pragmatism as possible. They don’t themselves get caught with thinking about how circumstances are unfair or impossible to deal with. They just deal with them.
7. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
It’s impossible to keep the world calm, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create calm in the world that’s inside of you.
8. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” – Dale Carnegie
Quotes about happiness like this remind us that our perceptions are really what counts when it comes to feeling good.
9. “The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count.” – Jennifer Niven
When we’re so caught up in wanting one particular thing out of life, we tend to forget that the small pleasures are really what make life worth living.
10. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
It’s important to not see life as your enemy. It’s an exciting adventure with all sorts of ups and downs, ready for you to embrace it.
These happiness quotes will hopefully remind you of how there is to be enjoyed about life. When we are caught up with worries, we tend to see nothing but clouds. By reading quotes about happiness, we can be reminded that hope exists and that much of it can be found within us.
Take the time to consider each of these happiness quotes. Think about how they could apply to your life right now. Even if you’re not worried at the moment, you can still benefit from remembering these quotes in a further emergency.
(C)Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved