“Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” – Margaret Mead
If you want to change the world, you can’t always wait on someone else to take action. Sometimes, you have to take charge if you see a problem and offer a solution in your community.
Many people wish the world would change, but few actually take initiative to make those changes. Fortunately, the people below saw a problem and knew that they could jump in to help, or find someone who could assist them. As much as we want to believe the world is evil, there are plenty of good-hearted, selfless people in it that just want the Earth and all its creatures to live in harmony.
If you want inspiration on how you can make a change, read on to find out what these people did to positively impact the world.
15 People Who Did Something Small to Change the World in Big Ways
1. Even though this man needs a walker to get around, he spends time picking up trash in his neighborhood each morning.
2. Picking up trash is one of the easiest ways to change the world, and this guy is taking it to the next level!
My good friend picks up several bags of trash every day during his trip from Indiana to the tip of South America. He’s currently halfway through Central America and still cleaning up the world along the way. from HumansBeingBros
There may not be any trash to pick up after this guy is done!
3. This kind man took this owl under his wing while they waited for animal control to show up. What a sweet guy!
4. Rescuing animals and releasing them back into the wild is a simple, yet effective way to change the world.
This owl didn’t give a hoot where it napped! The cute little guy was found during our pre-flight checks. Our team of engineers rescued it & was assessed before being safely released back into the wild. Where’s the strangest place you’ve woken up? #HootHoot pic.twitter.com/1NEx9usRfu
— Virgin Australia (@VirginAustralia) April 18, 2019
This owl just wanted a nap, but we’re sure it was thankful to get rescued from a potentially dangerous situation!
5. To shelter the police dogs from the cold in her community, this lady made blankets for all of them!
6. Instead of using her birthday money on herself, this girl spent it on the animals at her local shelter.
7. This man is a local hero! Imagine what we could do if all of us did this in our communities!
There’s a guy in my town that has been quietly doing the #trashtag cleanup for years, combining it with running events and even printing T-Shirts and medals. This is the hero we don’t deserve! from pics
8. Even at the risk of losing business, this laundry shop took in a stray dog to save it from potentially being euthanized.
9. To change the world, simply look beyond yourself and realize that you can change someone’s life for the better. Lots of homeless people were probably grateful for this incredible act of kindness.
10. When a whole community comes together, anything is possible.
Received a note from a volunteer that these folks were in need of help – elderly couple that couldn’t take care of their yard. Reached out to the amazing Reddit community and volunteers took care of it today. Thanks to everyone from r/Denton – you are truly wonderful!! from HumansBeingBros
11. What an amazing act of kindness. Look out for each other and everyone wins.
12. This guy makes a drive every week to save dogs from being put down and brings them back to no-kill shelters in his area.
13. What a cute gosling who got rescued by some amazing people. 🙂
14. Check out yet another example of what happens when a group comes together to change the world in their own way.
15. Everyone is both a student and a teacher. When we remember this, we can move mountains.