At Power of Positivity, we pass our condolences to her family and friends of Louise Hay, who peacefully passed on from this world in her sleep at ninety years of age.
She was the founder of Hay House, Inc. Started from her living room, her movement turned into Hay House, Inc., a publishing company that has sold millions of books and other products on a global scale, with offices in California, New York, London, Johannesburg, Sydney, and New Dehli.
Louise had her first book called “Heal Your Body”, as known as “the little blue book”, published in 1976 and since then, Hay House has published books from notable self-help authors, including: Dr. Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue, Esther and Jerry Hicks, and Dr. Christine Northrup. She was also a master of visualisation, affirmations, nutritional cleansing, and pyschotherapy, which was required when she was diagnosed with cancer.
Thanks to these unconventional methods, she went into remission and was completely cured of cancer within six months. Regarded by many as one of the founders of the self-help movement, even being dubbed “the closest thing to a living saint”, it seemed like her superpower was indeed helping others. That was until August 30th 2017.
So, what was her message? Let us celebrate her life and legacy by revealing ten invaluable life lessons from Louise Hay herself.
1. “Love is the miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
This is the glue that holds everything together, the profound experience of self-love. As you love and accept yourself as you truly are, you experience things that are seemingly impossible. This teaching also tells us that we must allow the love in and be prepared for it when it comes. When you allow this love to flow through you, you receive the beautiful gift self-awareness. The Collins dictionary definition of self-awareness is “the quality of being conscious of one’s own feelings, character, etc.”
2. “I am willing to release the need to be unworthy. I am worthy of the very best in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it.”
3. “Every thought we think is creating our future.”
4. “I am willing to open up to the abundance and prosperity that is available everywhere.”
5. “I have noticed that the Universe loves gratitude. The more grateful you are, the more goodies you get.”
6. “Be willing to take the first step, no matter how small it is. Concentrate on the fact that you are willing to learn. Absolute miracles will happen.”
7. “We are far more than our bodies and personalities. The inner spirit is always beautiful and lovable, no matter how our outer appearances change.”
8. “Make joy and happiness the centre of your world.”
9. “When we forgive and let go, not only does a huge weight drop off your shoulders, but the doorway to your own self-love opens.”
10. “The point of power is always in the present moment.”
Thank you, Louise Hay. You have given us all a beautiful gift through your life’s work. Rest in peace!
Other A N., “Louise Hay’s Legacy”
Hay House http://www.hayhouse.com/
Harish, “14 Life Tips From The Amazing Louise Hay”
Launch Your Genius http://launchyourgenius.com/