When you are looking for a little bit of inspiration in the middle of a long day, reach for these quotes on life. Inspirational quotes about life will help you get through the difficult moments and uplift you when you need it. These quotes on life come from many different types of writers, from philosophers to poets. They also contain simple, direct sentiments to which anyone can relate.
When things are difficult, look at our quotes on life and lift your spirits. These inspirational quotes about life contain many kinds of heartwarming insight. No matter what situation you find yourself in, these quotes on life will resonate with you and make your day brighter.
11 Quotes on Life That Will Change The Way You Think
1. “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
2. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Happiness is like jam. You can’t spread even a little without getting some on yourself.”
4. “Be fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees. Get out of your comfort zone even if it means being uncomfortable. The road less traveled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps, and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested. Have the courage to accept that you’re not perfect, nothing is and no one is — and that’s OK.”
5. “Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”
6. “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.
7. “I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you’re going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”
C. JoyBell C.
8. “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.”
Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
9. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not, and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
10. “If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
11. “These woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.”
Robert Frost, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”
These thoughtful quotes on life will give you perspective on your own difficulties. When we read inspirational quotes about life, we are able to take a step back from our problems and approach them in a different manner. Use these quotes to bring you peace and happiness as you travel through your life.