Wheatgrass is one of the most amazing natural foods that you can drink every day, and the wellness benefits that it provides for your body are outstanding. Once people try the flavor of wheatgrass, it is not uncommon for them to crave the sweet healthiness as a daily treat.
Fear is not something that should be on your mind when you try wheatgrass for the first time. Wheatgrass juice is a fresh, sweet, bright drink that will remind you of carrot juice but with more sunshine in it. Let’s look at what happens in your body when you drink wheatgrass juice every day.
This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Wheatgrass Every Day
There is a story told in the book Wheatgrass Nature’s Finest Medicine: The Complete Guide to Using Grasses to Revitalize Your Health, of someone healing themselves from colon cancer by drinking 8 oz of wheatgrass and by also using an anal cleanse of 8 oz of wheatgrass. Although this treatment might sound unusual, imagine the euphoric feeling of finding out that you were able to cure yourself of cancer.
Wheatgrass is a healthy, vegan food that requires little energy to produce, is easy to grow in your kitchen window, can be juiced daily and gives you almost all of your nutritional needs in a tasty, sweet-flavored, fresh brink.
Preventing cancer is one of the best benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice daily. Wheatgrass contains chlorophyll, which has been found to be responsible for preventing the metabolic activation of cancer-causing agents in the body. The anti-mutagenic properties of wheatgrass juice are good for preventing your healthy cells from undergoing changes that make them become cancerous.
It has also been shown that wheatgrass extracts contain significant amounts of phenolic compounds including flavonoids. The phenolic compounds of plants are responsible for antioxidant activity in the body, and they have the effect of reducing the incidence of cancer. Flavonoids also play a role in the regulation of cell activities.
Illnesses Helped By Drinking Wheatgrass Juice Every Day
Researchers studying the anti-cancer effects of wheatgrass say ‘Wheat germinated over a period of 6-10 days is generally called wheatgrass. During germination, vitamins, minerals, and phenolic compounds including flavonoids are synthesized in wheat sprouts, and wheat sprouts reach the maximum antioxidant potential. Wheatgrass contains vitamin C and E, ‘-carotene.’
The scientists say ‘Wheatgrass extract has an antioxidant activity, [it] inhibits proliferation of leukemia cells, and induces apoptosis; thus, this finding may represent a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia.’ Apoptosis is a type of cell death and cancer cells are resistant to death by apoptosis. Killing cancer cells with wheatgrass extract is a huge benefit of drinking this tasty juice every day.
The heath benefits that we have already mentioned for cancer prevention seem pretty outstanding for a sweet drink like wheatgrass juice, but there are even more health benefits that it can give your body.
Chronicles of Young Scientists Online says Wheatgrass juice ‘is a complete food and contains carbohydrates, proteins, all essential minerals, and vitamins. Wheatgrass therapy is recommended for patients suffering from chronic diseases such as asthma, atherosclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, joint pains, TB [tuberculosis], constipation, hypertension, diabetes, bronchitis, insomnia, eczema, sterility, hemorrhage, obesity, and flatulence. It is also useful in the treatment of cancer. The WGJ [wheatgrass juice] is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream and gives energy. On an empty stomach, it is assimilated into blood in about 20min. The energy lasts throughout the day. It is practically a fountain of youth and found to have numerous health benefits.’
Cysonine.org also says that these other disorders that can be helped by drinking wheatgrass juice daily; ‘jaundice, menstruation, hydrocele [fluid accumulation], dysentery, mental debility [weakness], tooth problems, evacuation of bowels, and the cold-related problems.’
Nutrition From Drinking Wheatgrass Juice Every Day
Wheatgrass juice contains the following vitamins:
* Vitamin A is important for younger looking, clear, healthy skin, and it can also improve the eyesight.
* Vitamin B helps with digestion and may help with depression, insomnia, and anorexia as well.
* Vitamin C is also in wheatgrass juice, which is a natural antibiotic. Vitamin C helps with gum, teeth, and bone health as well as help healing from injuries.
* Vitamin E, which is helpful to women during pregnancy, helps in the treatment of sexual impotency, diabetes, cancer, heart disorders, and menstrual cycle irregularities.
* When you drink wheatgrass juice daily, you also get the benefit of digestive enzymes, which help a healthy body absorb all of the beneficial nutrition from your food.
Wheatgrass juice contains the following minerals:
* Iron: Iron is ‘helpful in pregnancy, for excessive sweating, pale complexion, laziness and lethargy, and insomnia’
* Calcium: Calcium strengthens the bones
* Potassium: Helps prevent hypertension, helps mental health by reducing feelings of depression
* Zinc: Good for prostate gland health and hair health, shine, and vitality
* Sodium: Manages fluid levels in the body for proper water balance in cells.