As you go through life, you’ll experience situations that disrupt your mindset and attitude. However, if you can maintain a positive attitude, you can overcome whatever is happening. These favorite quotes can help you keep a positive attitude despite anything going on around you or in your life.
You aren’t alone, and these positive quotes will help you see that others have been through it before. Their insight can help you get through the hard times in your life, or they can help you get through a bad day. Either way, you’ll find solace in these favorite quotes.
With the wisdom from others in these favorite quotes, you can focus on maintaining a positive mindset. As you read through these best quotes, you’ll find that your thoughts begin to shift. You’ll gain positive insight as you remember why it’s essential to maintain optimism and joy in your life.
Favorite Quotes About Keeping a Positive Attitude
1. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” – Khalil Gibran
No matter how you live your life, you will experience hardships and undesirable situations. Even with these unfortunate things, you can maintain a positive attitude. Your life depends only on your mindset, so always look for the positive aspects.
2. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” – Roy T. Bennett
You can choose your mindset, and that includes a positive attitude. If you want to be happy, choose joy. You can pick whichever attitude you want, including kindness, giving, or respect.
As Bennett explains, your attitude is always your choice. Think about what you want in life, and then focus on exhibiting a matching attitude. It’ll make all the difference and help you achieve the mindset you want to maintain.
3. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
With the right attitude, you can achieve any goal you have. Nothing can stop you if you maintain a positive mindset, so keep going strong and moving forward. (One of our staff picks for favorite quotes!)
Best Sayings About Positive Thinking
4. “A positive attitude may not solve all our problems but that is the only option we have if we want to get out of problems.” – Subodh Gupta
Your problems won’t disappear because of a positive mindset, but they’ll be easier to handle. You can think clearly, allowing you to come up with solutions to your problems. Negativity won’t get you anywhere, but a clear and focused mind will help you overcome anything.
5. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
You might be capable of great things, but you’ll never know if you don’t have a good attitude. Even with motivation, you won’t do anything well if you don’t maintain a positive mindset. Don’t let your thoughts and attitude hold you back from doing your best and achieving great things.
6. “Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.” – Benjamin Disraeli
With good thoughts, you will nurture your mind in a way that allows for achievement. No matter what your goals are, you can make them happen if you maintain a positive mindset. You can do more than you know, so look within and allow your good qualities to shine. Indeed, this is one of the wisest statements on this list of favorite quotes.
7. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
When it comes to who you want to be in the future, anything that happened in the past doesn’t matter now. If your desires have changed, you can change the course of your future at any moment. All that you have to do is change your attitude to change your entire life.
8. “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy or strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Francesca Reigler
You determine your mindset and the way that you feel. Even when there is chaos happening around you, choosing joy and positivity is still possible.
If you choose joy, you’ll experience happiness and strength. However, if you decide on negativity, you make yourself miserable. Either way, the choice is yours, and both take the same amount of effort.
Best Sayings About a Good Attitude
9. “What kills the creative force is not age or lack of talent, but our own spirit, our own attitude.” – Robert Greene
When it comes to your creativity, nothing matters more than your attitude. You might not realize how important the creative force is, but it affects all areas of your life. Being creative allows you to come up with solutions and see other ways of accomplishing your goals.
Plus, with creativity, you can find new ways to work through problems. You’ll also express your feelings and work through emotions easier when you have a creative force. When you have a positive outlet, you’ll have a better chance of maintaining a positive attitude.
10. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” – Dale Carnegie
You can’t find joy from any external source. It doesn’t matter what is going on in your life, but you must decide to be happy and joyous. Even when you reach your goals, you won’t be happy unless you choose to be.
Here’s one of the more famous favorite quotes about having a great attitude. So if you want to find joy and positivity, you can only look within. In fact, you already have everything it takes to be positive, so don’t underestimate yourself. Remember that your mental attitude determines your mindset, and choose joy over anything else.
11. “Keeping one’s attitude positive, especially when the world conspires to make us mad, is one of the great accomplishments of life.” – Brendon Burchard
You might sometimes feel like the world is designed to make you fail, but it isn’t true. Bad things happen no matter who you are or what you do.
Even when things aren’t going the way you wanted them to, keep a positive attitude. If you can do that, you’ll have accomplished something that not everyone can do. It’ll turn out to be one of the best things you ever did in life. Indeed, this positivity lands this on our list of favorite quotes.
12. “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” – William James
When you start a hard task, make sure you do so with a positive mindset. If you begin the task with negative thoughts, you’ll have a hard time getting it done. You might not have a successful outcome at all if you start out telling yourself that you can’t do it.
Start difficult tasks with a positive thought to ensure the best results. When you go into things with a positive mindset, you can achieve anything, no matter how hard it is.
13. “Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure.” – Norman Vincent Peale
When you experience hard times, the situation isn’t as important as the way you handle it. As Peale explains, your attitude towards the situation determines your success or failure. If you can maintain optimism and a positive outlook, you can overcome anything that comes your way.
14. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
You are in control of every aspect of your life. So if you don’t like how things are going, make a change that improves your situation. However, there will be situations that you can’t control. (Editorial note: Maya Angelou are among our favorite quotes).
If you can’t change your situation, change your attitude, instead. It doesn’t matter what is going on in your life because you can always change how you think about things. Choose positive thoughts over negativity, and it’ll change your perspective.
15. “In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.” – Spencer Johnson
If your day isn’t going well, you can change it at any time. The minute you decide to change your attitude, you can change the course of your entire day.
Final Thoughts on Favorite Quotes About Keeping a Positive Attitude
As you read these favorite quotes about keeping a positive attitude, try to memorize the ones that resonate the most. If you can use the insight from others, you’ll find that it’s easier to maintain positivity. Others can do it, as you can see in these favorite quotes, and you are strong enough to stay positive, too.
No matter what is happening in your life, make sure your thoughts are positive. If negativity begins to creep in, reference these quotes to help you return to a positive mindset. It might help to put your favorite quotes in areas you frequent to serve as a constant reminder.