Relationships take time and effort. The honeymoon period doesn’t last forever. Sometimes, we have to fall in love with our partners more than once during our time with them. There’s no shame in it, and it’s ordinary in many relationships, especially long-term ones. Falling in love with your partner repeatedly will make the relationship strong and long-lasting. Psychologists who specialize in relationships have figured out the best ways to fall in love with your partner every single day.
6 Things That Cause the Initial Rush of Love to Fade
“A great relationship is all about falling in love with the same person over and over again.” – Unknown
- Lack of Communication: Open and honest communication is essential for any healthy relationship. When couples stop talking and sharing their feelings, the initial attraction can fade away, leaving both partners feeling disconnected and unfulfilled.
- Boredom: Couples must keep their relationship fresh and exciting by trying new things together, exploring new places, or simply enjoying each other’s company. When a relationship becomes predictable and routine, it can be easy for the initial attraction to wane.
- Neglect: Neglecting your partner’s emotional and physical needs can also cause attraction to fade. You might forget to make time for intimacy or be attentive to your partner’s feelings.
- Taking Each Other for Granted: In the beginning stages of a relationship, couples are often very attentive to each other’s needs and desires. As the relationship progresses, it can be easy to take each other for granted and forget to show appreciation for the little things. This can cause the initial phases of love to fade.
- Lack of Trust: Trust is an essential component of any healthy relationship. Once you break the trust, it can be difficult to regain. Thus, the initial attraction may fade as a result.
- Growing Apart: As individuals grow and change, their relationship may evolve. Couples may grow apart if they do not take the time to grow together and nurture their relationship. This can cause the initial attraction to fade, but it does not have to be the end of the relationship.
Here Are 7 Ways To Fall In Love With Your Partner Every Single Day
Here’s the good news. Couples can restore that feeling and deepen their connection with effort and commitment.
1. Focus on the positive
Negativity can worm into your relationship before you even realize it. Things about your partner that you once liked might begin to irritate you. To fall in love with your partner every day, you want to take a step back and look at all the positives. What is it about your partner that you love? What drew you to them in the first place? Remember all the good, positive things about your partner, and you’ll fall in love daily.
2. Make time to talk every day
Relationships thrive on communication. Psychotherapist Franklin Porter, Ph.D. says this:
“Relationships grow stale generally because the couple avoids confronting the issue…”
Relationships tend to falter when there isn’t time to check in and talk with your partner. One way to fall in love with your partner daily is to talk with them. Check-in and talk about your days or how you’re feeling. Psychologists agree that sharing your feelings with someone can help you fall in love, and who better to fall in love with than your partner?
3. Do something to make them smile
Remember how much you loved seeing your partner smile when you first started dating? Smiling is contagious, and it can make people fall for one another. To fall in love every day, you should see your partner smile. And the best way to see them smile? Please do something to make them smile! Not only will you be doing something nice for your partner, but you’ll also be falling in love every time you do.
4. Stay intimate
Intimacy is one of the things that relationships begin to lack as the years go on. If you want to fall in love and stay in love, you have to keep working at intimacy. “Partners begin to take their love for granted and forget to keep themselves turned on and to continue to seduce their partner,” says Sari Cooper, LCSW, licensed individual, couples, and sex therapist.
Being with your partner should feel natural, not like a chore. Find time to spend together in an intimate and private setting. You’ll start falling in love with your partner more every day when you keep seeing them at their most intimate.
5. Address any issues right away
Don’t let things fester. A key to falling in love every day is ensuring you don’t let problems get bigger than they need to be. When an issue pops up, see if you can find a solution as soon as possible. You’ll find that compromising will help you fall in love with your partner repeatedly every day. Working through problems together is key to staying happy and long-lasting.
6. Give yourself time to miss them
Every relationship needs to have healthy boundaries, and everyone needs to have time to themselves. If you want to fall in love with your partner every day, you need to give yourself time to miss them. Spend some time alone, with friends, or with family.
Take a day trip without your partner so that “when you go home to Yours Truly, you’ll both be recharged and ready to come together even stronger,” says CEO of MeetMindful, Amy Baglan. You’ll be surprised by how much love you feel when you give yourself a chance to miss seeing your partner every day.
7. Flirt like teenagers
When you’re in a long-term relationship, you sometimes forget all the fun that flirting can be. Find time during your day to remind your partner how much you want them, and how attractive you think they are. Flirt throughout the day or send flirty text messages for them to find while they’re at work. Returning to the habit of flirting with your partner will make you both fall in love every day.
Final Thoughts on Falling in Love With Your Partner Every Day
Relationships are a lot of work, but they should also be fun. A partnership doesn’t have to be all about bills and the mortgage. Part of the fun is falling in love with your partner every day, over and over again. These tips should help anyone keep the love in their relationship strong.