Ripe bananas are easily one of the healthiest, nutrient-packed foods on the planet. Besides that, they contain one of the highest amounts of potassium among all foods.
If you eat two ripe bananas a day, you will get a tremendous dose of antioxidants and something called Tumor Necrosis Factor. That’s great news because it helps to fight against cancerous cells in the body. Indeed, the riper the banana, the higher the cancer-fighting antioxidant levels and nutrient density. So, what other benefits can you get from eating a couple of bananas each day? Let’s look at some of them below.
Here’s What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Two Ripe Bananas Every Day For 30 Days
1. Bananas fight depression. People with depression usually have low levels of serotonin in the brain. Containing a high level of tryptophan, which then converts into serotonin, bananas can help alleviate symptoms of depression.
2. You will have more energy. Bananas contain three natural sugars – fructose, glucose and sucrose. Furthermore, they give you a good dose of fiber. This powerhouse of nutrition provides an instant and sustained boost of energy. Indeed, just two bananas provide enough energy for a 90-minute workout!
3. Bananas will help with weight loss. At just 100 calories a serving, bananas are a good option for people trying to lose a few pounds. They also contain three grams of fiber, helping us feel more full and keep cravings at bay.
4. Bananas are great for your brain. Bananas release energy slowly, which helps the brain stay alert for a longer period of time. The high potassium levels keep us more alert and the magnesium helps the brain to focus.
5. They help to balance your hormones. Containing a high level of potassium and B6 vitamins, bananas are a good source of nutrients necessary for hormone production.
Surprising Benefits of Eating Ripe Bananas
6. They alleviate heartburn. The high potassium level of bananas helps reduce the stomach’s acidity, while the fiber helps aid digestion; both of which are essential to alleviating heartburn.
7. Bananas lower blood pressure. Research has shown that eating two bananas a day can lower blood pressure by 10%. For those with blood pressure issues, bananas contain low sodium and high potassium, making them a great dietary choice.
8. They keep your blood healthy. Because they contain healthy amounts of iron, bananas are great in keeping the blood healthy and lowing the risk of anemia. Containing high levels of B-6, bananas also aid with the production of white blood cells.
9. Bananas are great for your bones. The nutrients in bananas help build and sustain strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
10. Bananas fight illness. Bananas contain a high level of antioxidants, providing cell protection against free radicals that cause illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and muscular and tissue degeneration.
11. They can aid in quitting smoking. While potentially a contentious claim, it needn’t be. That’s because bananas contain a potent mix of potassium, magnesium, and vitamin B6. Together, these nutrients are known to reduce nicotine withdrawal, which is crucial to kicking the habit.
12. Bananas treat stomach ulcers. While doctors in India have been proclaiming the benefits of bananas to treat peptic ulcers for generations, it wasn’t until recently that doctors in England discovered the same thing: bananas contain sitoindosides (sigh-toe-in-doe-sides), which prevents and heals ulcers.