Small changes can lead to big results for almost anyone. Should we really let our age be a barrier to achieving our weight loss goals as we get older? Smart baby boomers know that the answer to that is a resounding “Definitely Not!”
For many, dieting and exercise seem to be constant struggles as we battle hectic schedules, fast food cravings, and toxins. Of course, these trigger water retention and weight gain as we age. A startling 70 million people in the U.S. alone are considered overweight or obese, making us one of the unhealthiest nations in the world. With access to cutting edge healthcare, optimal nutrition plans, and resources that other countries only dream of having, why then are we seeing the downward spiral with regard to our health and wellness? It seems that the need for a health overhaul is in order.
Regardless of your age or current state of health, dear baby boomer, we have some tips and tricks for weight loss that will make your journey easier; follow them and start down the path to better health and better quality of life.
Common reasons why we gain weight as we age
1. Our metabolism slows down.
2. You have less lean muscle mass.
3. Menopause results in weight gain.
4. We become more sedentary.
5. We experience life stressors.
Weight loss tips for baby boomers
1. Get rid of low-protein breakfasts
2. Stack your calories earlier in the day
3. Limit your alcohol intake
4. Balance strength training and cardiovascular exercise
5. Stay on track
6. Get some shut-eye
7. Drink that water
8. Add green tea to your diet
9. Consider intermittent fasting
10. Add a probiotic to your daily regimen
These Are Weight Loss Strategies Any Baby Boomer Can Embrace
So, none of us are completely immune to the effects of aging on the body. However, we can significantly reduce the pace at which it occurs by establishing healthy habits of eating right and exercising. Begin to implement some of these strategies for losing weight. Indeed, you’ll look and feel better than you have in years.
So, here’s to your best health!