Everyone feels like giving up sometimes. It doesn’t matter where you stand in life, sometimes the curveballs we experience are enough to force us to just give up. It has happened to me, and I’m sure it has happened to you too. Before you give up, you sense a strong sense of helplessness because no matter how hard you’re trying to solve a problem, all it feels like is you banging your head against a wall that’s determined to break you down. When those feelings start to get to you, try remembering some of these quotes from Dale Carnegie.
Here are 25 quotes from Dale Carnegie when you need inspiration:
1. “If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be.”
We should always be trying to become who we want to be, or else we’ve already become who we don’t want to be.
2. “Big shots are only little shots who kept on shooting.”
To get anywhere in life, you have to keep trying. Those who are successful are those who have tried.
3. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
Our thoughts about ourselves are more powerful than our environment or our possessions.
4. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
Don’t allow yourself to get stuck doing something you dislike. To succeed, you have to do what you love.
5. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.”
When you engage in life’s difficulties, you’ll achieve far more than you realize.
6. “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.”
You will only get somewhere in life if you have the courage to make an attempt.
7. “It is the way we react to circumstances that determines our feelings.”
How we feel about something relies on how we react to it.
8. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.”
Learning from failure means that you have succeeded, because you tried and learned something new.
9. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
If something feels hopeless, always remember to keep trying. There’s hope just around the corner.
10. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.”
There’s no reason to waste your time and energy feeling sorry for yourself, when you could use it to improve your conditions.
11. “When we hate our enemies, we are giving them power over us: power over our sleep, our appetites, our blood pressure, our health, and our happiness.”
The more energy we spending hating someone, the more power they have over us.
12. “Happiness doesn’t depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions.”
Your happiness depends on your own feelings, not the circumstances around you.
13. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”
Take life one day at a time. Before you realize it, you’ve conquered another day.
14. “Our thoughts make us what we are.”
Our thoughts, emotions and actions make us human beings – not our clothes or possessions.
15. “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
It doesn’t matter what other people think of you, as long as you know you’re being the best person you can be.
16. “If you want to keep happiness, you have to share it.”
Happiness is made to be shared. You will find more happiness when you share it with other people.
17. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
Everyone who has ever succeeded has failed at it once or twice. Learn from your failures to find success.
18. “No matter what happens, always be yourself.”
Being yourself is one of the truest paths to happiness and success, no matter is going on in your life.
19. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.”