Apple cider vinegar is made from a mixture of sugar, yeast, and apples. Primarily, it is extracted from apples by crushing the apples. Crushing squeezes out the juice present in apples. To come up with apple cider vinegar, yeast and bacteria are added to the squeezed juice to allow it to ferment.
The sugars present in the juice are converted into alcohol. This alcohol is afterward turned into vinegar by the acetobacter. Most people know apple cider vinegar for its popularity in making salads and chutneys and for food preservation.
However, research shows that apple cider vinegar displays tremendous results when used for beauty purposes.
Apple cider vinegar for skin can do the following:
Balance the skin’s PH
The skin has a naturally regulated PH balance. However, due to the frequent use of different beauty products, the skin’s natural PH balance is offset.
Measure a half cup of apple cider vinegar and dilute it with a half cup of water. Use the resulting solution to cleanse your skin using a clean cotton cloth. Leave the mixture on your skin for about 15 to 30 minutes.
Repeat the procedure for some days, and it will help you restore your skin’s natural PH balance.
Remedy aging skin
Apple cider vinegar for skin can eliminate dead skin cells causing aging. Bathing in apple vinegar for a couple of weeks can immensely help in getting rid of aging spots. Today, it is interesting that even the old grannies are moving mountains to look younger. No need for plastic surgeries anymore. Your remedy is cider vinegar.
Heal bruises and soothe sunburns
How many times have you visited your dermatologist asking for hydrocortisone cream (sunburn creams)? You can heal injuries and soothe sunburns using cider vinegar by following this procedure.
- Take a certain amount of cider vinegar and mix it with an equal amount of water.
- Use the solution to rinse the affected skin parts.
Remarkably, bruises and sunburns will be completely healed and soothed.
Detoxify your face
Our skins are usually exposed to numerous toxins which, if not removed, cause acne. However, apple vinegar has an acidic content which detoxes the skin. For it to work, dip a clean cloth in diluted apple vinegar, then wipe your face with it.
The acidity present in the vinegar helps to detoxify the skin. Also, beta-carotene present helps in preventing future skin damage.
The beta-carotene ensures that skin cells are protected and healthy, hence delaying the occurrence of lines. Also, the apple vinegar for skin detoxes the skin, thus keeping it healthy.
Most importantly, it leaves the surface with a radiant glow, making it look younger.
Prevent pimples and acne from appearing
Apple cider vinegar cleanses and heals the skin, thus restoring its normal PH levels.
This procedure will guide you.
- Make a mixture of one part of apple vinegar with two portions filtered H2O.
- Apply the concoction to your skin using cotton balls.
- Use warm water and a mild cleanser to wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 times daily.
Tone the skin
Oily skins are not the best. Apple cider vinegar helps you get rid of oily skin by doing the following.
- Mix half a cup of cider vinegar with filtered water.
- Use cotton to apply the solution on your skin.
- Use cool H2O to wash it off after 5-10 minutes.
- For best results, repeat the procedure twice daily.
For sensitive skin, increase the amount of water to dilute the apple vinegar.
Diminish aging spots
Apple cider vinegar for skin gets rid of aging spots by you dabbing it directly onto the tender spots. The alcohol present acts as an antibacterial which fights off bacteria and other germs.
Also, it washes away the dead skin cells which appear on the skin as aging spots. Once washed away, the skin is left young, healthy and radiant.
If you experience irritation, dilute the cider vinegar with water before using it.
Soothe blade bumps
Painful red bumps caused by shaving can be healed using cider vinegar.
- Apply a layer of honey on the bumps for softening.
- After 10 minutes, wash it off and apply apple cider vinegar using a cotton cloth.
- Leave the clumps to dry.
Cellulite is the mass of subcutaneous fat occurring slightly below the skin. Apple cider vinegar for skin contains minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. These minerals stimulate the elimination and circulation of excess body fluids.
It removes cellulite by;
- Make a mixture of a part of cider vinegar with two parts of water.
- Add honey to the mix. Dab the resulting solution onto the affected area and leave it for about 30 minutes. Afterward, rinse off with warm H2O.
- Repeat twice daily till you get the desired outcome.