An optimistic approach to life can help you in many ways. You will be more successful, productive, calm, and happy as you go through each day. With this being the case, you will want to learn how to be more optimistic every day.
Another benefit is that being optimistic will influence those around you to be more optimistic, too. Since being more optimistic is something that many people strive for, so it is a topic that is discussed often. Many quotes can encourage you to change your outlook to a more optimistic one.
15 Quotes to Encourage You to Be More Optimistic Every Day
Each day, remember all of the beneficial reasons to be more optimistic. These quotes can help you change your mindset to be more optimistic every day. Even when unexpected things happen, you can retain this positive outlook on life to help you recover.
When something unexpected happens, please don’t get discouraged and think of it as an obstacle. Instead, see it as a learning opportunity or a chance to try something new. If you can change your mindset to see setbacks in this way, you will be more optimistic every day.
2. “In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision.”- Dalai Lama
For your actions in life to have positive effects, you have to think positively. Envision all the great things that will come with your decisions and how beneficial they will be to your life. Changing the way you think so you always have a positive vision will make all the difference in your optimism.
3. “If you say you can or you can’t, you are right either way.”- Henry Ford
The things that you say become the truth as your brain processes them that. So as Ford explains, if you say you can do something, you will get it done. If you say you can’t do it, then you won’t be able to do it.
Avoid this self-destructive thought process by remembering this quote to encourage you. It will help you remember to say positive things to yourself, which will help you become successful.
4. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote to encourage you is a great one to start the day with. If you tell yourself that each day is the best one yet, you will experience more positivity and optimism.
By owning the day in this way, life will be better and more joyful. On the other hand, however, if you allow stress and anxiety to overtake your mind and body, you will struggle.
5. “When you think positive, good things happen.”- Matt Kemp
Positive thinking can change your life for the better. If you can shift your mindset toward positivity, you will notice improvements in all areas. You can be more successful, happier, and hopeful for the future if you stay positive.
6. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
This quote is the perfect one to show the difference that changing your mindset can make. Instead of being upset that something you love has a painful aspect, shift your thoughts. Please think of how great it is that something that causes pain is also so beautiful.
If you can do this, then you will be more optimistic every day. It will help you recognize that even bad situations have beauty in them. As long as you remember to look for the good things in a negative situation, you will be all set.
7. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Charles R Swindoll
Since life isn’t perfect, you must expect unexpected and undesirable things to happen sometimes. While those situations are never ideal, they don’t determine the severity of the situation. Instead, your reaction to it is what determines the severity.
If you react positively to a negative situation, the outcome will be better. Likewise, the process of overcoming the situation will be easier, too. If you remember this quote to encourage you, then you will be more optimistic throughout the day.
8. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” – Lucille Ball
Getting discouraged and thinking negatively won’t fix any of your problems. The only thing that will help you overcome a problem is staying optimistic. With optimism, you will keep working toward your goal, and you won’t doubt yourself, as Ball explains here.
9. “I have to think of the positive; that’s how I cope.” – Ingrid Newkirk
When unexpected things happen, it is easy to cope negatively. You might want to give up, shut the world out, and indulge yourself in unhealthy things for a while. Avoid coping in that way, though, because it won’t help you.
The only thing that will help is coping positively. If you stay positive and think about the situation through clarity, you can find the way through your issue. Remember this each day so that you can focus on being more optimistic.
10. “What is hope but a feeling of optimism, a thought that says things will improve, it won’t always be bleak, there’s a way to rise above the present circumstances. Hope is an internal awareness that you do not have to suffer forever and that somehow, somewhere there is a remedy for despair that you will come upon if you can only maintain this expectancy in your heart.” – Wayne W. Dyer
No matter what you are going through in your life, this quote can help you remember that things always get better. You won’t feel bad forever, and if you can remember that, you will feel hope come back.
Optimism will help you get through anything because you will remember that an improvement is coming. You get better every day, and when you are looking for the positives, you will notice them much more quickly. Start your day with this quote to encourage you to be more positive each day.
11. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
The beginning is always the best part, no matter what it is you’re doing. If you live your life as if it is a fresh start, each day can be a positive experience. Don’t let the problems from yesterday interfere with the mindset that life is new and exciting.
12. “Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.” – Noam Chomsky
If you think the future won’t improve, you won’t experience any improvements in your life. On the other hand, if you always remain hopeful for the future, you will see the positive things as they come.
13. “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” – William James
You don’t want to be weak, so avoid being pessimistic. Choose optimism each day, instead, so that you can be powerful as you work toward your goals.
14. “It is the hopeful, buoyant, cheerful attitude of mind that wins. Optimism is a success builder; pessimism an achievement killer.” – Orison Swett Marden
You are the only person that can decide how you feel, think, and behave each day. Make sure that you remain hopeful and joyful because that is the mindset that leads to success.
If you choose negativity or pessimism, you will experience the opposite of what you are seeking. Don’t let your mindset hold you back, and instead, choose to be optimistic always.
15. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
You can’t change anything that has happened in the past, so focusing on it isn’t helpful. Tomorrow hasn’t happened yet, so you can decide how the day will look. Look forward optimistically rather than looking backward and feeling regret.
Final Thoughts on the 15 Quotes to Encourage You to Be More Optimistic Every Day
These quotes can encourage you to be more optimistic as you go through life. Each day, remember the benefits of having a positive mindset. Not only will you be happier and more successful, but you will also positively influence those around you.
When you first start working toward positivity, you may need reminders to refocus your mind. With practice, you can be more optimistic every day without even thinking about it. Until you make it a habit, recall these quotes to encourage you along the way.