Looking for the magic medicine? Something that can do a bunch of different things like help with a cough and heal skin rashes? Tea tree oil might be just the thing for you.
Tea tree oil comes from the leaves of the tea tree. It was discovered in the tea trees growing on the Australian coast. There are many tea tree oil benefits for a plethora of people. Just about anyone can find a reason to use it.
So, want to find out some of the great uses? Well, keep reading and you will find out some of the unique ways the tea tree oil can be used. The tea tree oil benefits cannot be understated. Many different applications can be made because of the same properties, but you might not think of them. So, here are a bunch of them.
There are quite a few ways to use the oil to treat medical conditions. This is mainly because of the anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties of the oil. Here are a few:
- Acne – The oil can help reduce the bacteria that causes inflammation and swelling in the skin. It has been shown to treat mild to moderate acne. You can use the oil on acne that is on various places on your body, including the face. In addition to reducing the bacteria, it can help remove oil and dirt from clogged skin pores.
- Skin tags – These can be very annoying because they rub on material from clothing and can even get caught and snagged, causing pain or bleeding. If you use the tea tree oil routinely on the skin tag, it will slowly disappear. It may take some time for them to go, but sometimes the only other option is having them removed by a doctor. This can be painful and cause discomfort, so you might want to just take the time to wait for the oil to get rid of them.
- Chicken Pox – In the past, just about every kid got chicken pox. Today, there are vaccinations, but no vaccination is 100% and there are people who do not vaccinate. One of the signature symptoms of chicken pox is the intense itching it can cause. The scratching can cause scars on the skin that can last a lifetime. If you use oil in a warm bath, it can help ease the itching. If you can ease the itching, it will reduce the scratching that causes the scarring. This is important because if you get scars from chicken pox, they are very difficult to get rid of or hide, especially since they are usually on your face.
- Eczema – Adults and children suffer from eczema. This means that they can get rashes, blisters, itching, and dryness that cause pain and discomfort. The oil has antiseptic properties that help with itching that can be caused by rashes and blisters. You can treat individual spots with a mixture of coconut oil or you can treat the whole body by using the oil in a bath. If you suffer from eczema, you might want to try a natural method either in conjunction with or in lieu of prescribed medications.
- Psoriasis – This condition results in inflamed, red scaly skin that can crack and hurt. The oil has anti-bacterial aspects which can help relieve the symptoms of psoriasis. If you mix it with coconut oil, it will reach deeper skin layers and help with scarring. The deeper the moisturizing goes, the better the condition of the skin will be, and the number of symptoms will be reduced.
- Antiseptic for cuts and scrapes – As with many of the other applications, the anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties of the oil are great on cuts and scrapes. It helps reduce the chance of infections and reduces any swelling and irritation.
- Wound healing – Because of the properties of the oil, it can promote wound healing and help you get on the road to recovery. When the inflammation is reduced, it triggers white blood cells, which are vital in the healing process.
- Nail fungus – Even though they will not cause major harm, they are disgusting. And, there are plenty of medicines on the market, but sometimes you just do not want all the chemicals and artificial ingredients. You might want to try the oil and go the more natural route.
- Skin inflammation – This can be caused by any number of reasons. As stated with specific conditions that result in skin inflammation, the oil can help reduce it. Reduced inflammation leads to less discomfort and faster healing.
- Athlete’s foot – This condition can cause odor, redness, itching, and peeling. It can be painful and embarrassing. You can pick it up in the gym shower or other places, since it is contagious. However, if you mix some oil with baking soda and arrowroot powder, you can create your own remedy to help get rid of the condition. You just need to apply it to clean feet twice a day and you will be on your way to healing.
- Yeast infection – The oil has anti-bacterial properties. Studies have shown that the oil can interfere with the yeast and inhibit the chemical makeup. It is very beneficial to combine the oil with lavender, which is a natural candida killer. This pretty much kills the yeast. All you need to do is add the oils with some distilled water and apply with a cotton swab.
It is possible to use the oil for beauty regimens and other applications. The oil makes the skin feel better while providing protection and killing bacteria.
- Deodorant – You can make your own deodorant, without all those chemicals with the oil and some other ingredients. Underarm odor is caused by the mixture of sweat gland secretions and bacteria. The oil helps reduce the amount of bacteria, thus decreasing any odor.
- Mouthwash – While it might seem weird to use an oil in your mouth, especially when it can be used to treat nail fungus, it can help with bad breath and tooth decay. The mouth creates bacteria, and if you mix the oil with some warm water and swish it around, it will help kill it. Just remember, it is similar to regular mouthwash in one way – do not drink it.
- Dandruff – Dandruff is embarrassing, frustrating, and sometimes hard to get rid of. There are options in the store, of course. But, they are chock-full of chemicals and things you cannot even pronounce. Try using your favorite shampoo and mixing in a few drops of oil. It will soothe the scalp and help stop the flaking.
- Toothpaste – There are recipes that let you use tea tree oil in the recipe. You can get the tea tree oil benefits through the toothpaste. These benefits include anti-inflammatory properties, which help soothe the gums and reduce any bleeding that you might have going on.
- Shampoo – Some of the ingredients in shampoo can leave a film on your scalp. This film can lead to irritation and flakiness. You can create your own solution using aloe, coconut milk, and oils. This will help soothe the scalp and reduce flaked skin. There are even people that have used it to treat lice, which can be particularly resilient.
- Makeup remover – The oil makes a perfect ingredient to a homemade makeup remover. If you combine the oil and canola oil, you can put it in a container and use it on cotton balls to remove your makeup. It lets you moisturize your skin and reduce any swelling or inflammation. Your skin will look smoother and healthier.
Cleaning and Repellent
You can use the oil to serve as a cleaner, whether it is for food, your hands, or your home. Making a compound infused with the oil can help you in many ways. Here are a few:
- Hand sanitizer – Because the oil has germ killing properties, it makes a perfect hand sanitizer. It has a pleasant scent and can help kill bacteria and viruses. This can help keep you and your family healthier and protect from illnesses such as E. coli and influenza. Again, as with many other conditions and applications, using the oil will create a more natural and healthier composition to put on your skin.
- Insect repellent – There are preliminary studies that have shown that the oil repels mosquitos better than DEET. This would create a more natural way to keep away those pesky insects that plague many areas during the summer months. Some mosquitos can carry disease, so a preventative measure can help protect against these diseases.
- All-purpose cleaner – Using something without chemicals to clean might seem like a foreign idea, but tree oil gives you this option. It makes surfaces clean without leaving behind streaks of chemicals. You just need to make your own mixture with oil, water, and some apple cider vinegar and put it in a spray bottle.
- Banish mold – Just like the oil can keep fungus on the skin under control and bacteria off your countertops, it can help wash mold off your fruits and vegetables. This will make your food safer and healthier to eat because you will not be ingesting any mold. You should be washing this down the drain, not putting it into your system.
You can surely find one or two reasons to use the tea tree oil. It can help alleviate so many different afflictions. It is like a miracle. The tea tree oil benefits provide you a natural way to achieve so many different results.
Using the oil will let you kill bacteria that cause many different problems, whether it is on your skin or on your fruit. This can only lead to a healthier you and a healthier life. Using this oil instead of many other products helps you eliminate some chemicals from your environment.
Eliminating toxins can lead to a healthier environment and a healthier body. If you are striving for a more natural way to eliminate bacteria, inflammation, and other things, trying the tea tree oil should be a must-do on your list.