Sometimes, life feels nothing short of overwhelming. We have so many responsibilities, errands, and other things to attend to, and plus, many of us have a hard time shutting off our brains from overthinking every little thing. Life moves quickly, and we’re expecting to keep pace with it. However, doing so 24/7 can easily wear you out if you don’t take time for yourself, to reflect, recharge, and just take it all in.
We all need a little inspiration from time to time to keep us going, so we hope the following pieces of life advice and quotes will help you to keep your head up in trying times.
16 Pieces of Life Advice That Will Brighten Your Day
1. “Treat yourself like you’d treat your best friend in the whole world.”
Don’t ever forget to take care of yourself, love yourself, and stay true to your heart. You can’t live life to your fullest if you constantly put yourself down and don’t believe in yourself. If you wouldn’t say it to your best friend, don’t say it to yourself, either.
2. “Focus your efforts on lifting people up, not putting them down.”
We’ve all been in a bad place at one point or another; we’ve all hit rock bottom. So, if you see someone struggling, don’t knock them down even further. Lift them up when they need it the most; if we all did this, imagine how different the world would be.
3. “No matter what you accomplish today, you’re still amazing.”
Even if you didn’t get out of bed today, don’t let anyone tell you that you don’t rock at life. Sometimes, we just need to recharge, and other times, we feel like flying. Part of being human is dealing with the ebbs and flows of life, so even if you spent all weekend laying around doing nothing, this doesn’t make you lazy or unaccomplished. It makes you human.
4. “Always stand up for what you believe in, even if no one stands beside you.”
You can’t live with integrity while ignoring your truth – it just doesn’t work like that. Always stay true to you; you’ll eventually attract the right people.
5. “Don’t take yourself so seriously; this is all just a game anyway.”
We have a tendency to take life pretty seriously sometimes, but at what cost? Remember to live each day to the fullest, and only worry about the things you can change.
6. “Give compliments, not insults.”
Humanity could use a little uplifting and encouragement these days. Spread kindness, not violence.
7. “When you feel anxious, focus on nothing but your breath.”
If you feel nervous, chances are that you’re breathing rapidly and unevenly. Remember to slow down and pay attention to your breath any time you feel out of control.
8. “Don’t spend so much time plotting the path that you forget to take the first step.”
We don’t have forever to spend here, so make the most of your time. Sometimes the greatest risk you take leads to the most amazing rewards later.
9. “Love people as they are, including yourself.”
Don’t expect others to change; just love them as they come. Also, love yourself as you are, because no one else will if you don’t first give that love to yourself.
10. “Have positive conversations with yourself.”
Be mindful of your self-talk; it might seem harmless, but how you think of yourself reflects how the rest of the world will respond to you.
11. “Overthinking will never get you anywhere.”
Overthinking pretty much gives our brains something to do, but that doesn’t mean it’s productive. Try to just go with the flow and see where life takes you rather than planning out every little detail of every single day.
12. “If you get up and try again tomorrow, you’re doing something right.”
It isn’t always about how many times we succeed; it’s about how many times we get back up and try again after others tell us we should quit.
13. “Leave people a little less broken than you found them.”
Kiss their wounds, help heal their hearts. If we mend the broken, the whole world will start to heal. Ripples create waves; remember that.
14. “You know that crazy voice in your head telling you to follow your dreams? Yeah, you should listen to it.”
Our dreams seem crazy until we actually do them; then, we question why we didn’t follow our hearts sooner! Well, we might still feel a little insane, but what is life if we don’t feel alive?
15. “Embrace your quirks and flaws; you never know who is falling in love with them.”
Don’t change yourself so others will like you; be yourself, and the right people will love you.
16. “The first thing you should put on in the morning is a smile.”
Before you even hop out of bed to get dressed, just smile and see how amazing you feel. This will help you get your day started on the right foot!
(C)Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved