Do you feel like your go-to fitness motivational quotes just aren’t that motivating anymore? Why do we even need motivational quotes when it is well documented that exercise is scientifically proven to help with weight loss, heart health, and bone health? Americans are notorious for their lack of fitness. Treatment to most of men’s heath and fitness problems are found at numan
The President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition reports that “less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day, and only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.” Well, maybe 95% of adults need more workout motivational quotes.
Even the most dedicated fitness fanatics can get into a rut from time to time. Life happens. An injury might be avoidable, but an illness is still possible. Schedule-altering events, such as a job change or move, are feasible as well. Major life events, such as a new baby or the death of a loved one, are guaranteed to throw your schedule out of whack.
While any kind of life stress can threaten your exercise schedule, exercise remains one of the best remedies for stress. The American Psychological Association reports that “62% of adults who exercise to manage stress say it is very or extremely effective.” So, those times of stress, adjustment, or grief, are actually the most important times to keep exercise a priority.
These motivational quotes were chosen with these things specifically in mind. Workout motivational quotes can help keep you going, even in the hardest of times.
Motivational Quotes to Keep You Going
1. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
2. “When you feel like stopping, think about why you started.” – Author Unknown
3. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Satya Nani
4. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them.” – Carmelo Anthony
5. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
6. “The days you don’t want to are the days you need to.” – Author Unknown
7. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
8. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
9. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
10. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
11. “There is an expression among even the most advanced runners that getting your shoes on is the hardest part of any workout.” – Kathrine Switzer
12. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
If these motivational quotes aren’t helpful enough, consider the current research on exercise. Researchers have revealed that exercise has a significant impact on the brain. John Ratey, MD, calls exercise “miracle-gro for the brain.”
Physicians and other health professionals are recognizing that exercise is an important part of a holistic approach to managing mental health issues, including depression (Web M.D.), anxiety (Anxiety and Depression Association of America), and ADHD (ADHD Center). Researchers, physicians, and educators are advocating for more exercise during school hours to enhance student learning. John Ratey, MD, says it best: you can “optimize your life” through exercise.
While motivational quotes are inspiring, the reality of life can be daunting. It can be difficult to schedule in the most important part of your day, stick to a workout routine, or return to a previously-established routine. As James Clear reiterates, the research has shown that it actually takes an average of 66 days to form a new habit.
There are numerous variables involved in changing habits, but it helps to know that it takes time. Fitness motivational quotes are inspiring and knowledge is power. The right combination of information and inspiration can help you stay motivated even through the most challenging circumstances.
Are you feeling educated and inspired to exercise? Give up the excuses and get out the door!