In today’s society, it seems that many of us feel overwhelmed the majority of the time. However, in the long run, this can lead to chronic stress and major health problems, which we’d obviously want to avoid if we could help it. We might not be able to escape the stresses of everyday life, but we can learn to manage them more effectively. If you have been feeling overwhelmed lately, we hope the following quotes will help you ease your stress and remember the beauty of life even in the difficult moments.
Here are 11 quotes to remember when you feel overwhelmed:
1. “You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.” – Timber Hawkeye
When life seems like a constant rat race, remember to take time for yourself. Create a calm environment in your home and within you, so no amount of stress can pierce through the layer of tranquility you’ve created for yourself.
2. “Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice.” – Zig Ziglar
We can’t control what happens to us, but we can control how we react to it. Remember that even when life knocks you down, you don’t have to stay there and let it run the show. Get up and fight back, because that is the only way you can keep going in life.
3. The less you respond to negativity, the more peaceful your life becomes.
Maybe the key to stop feeling overwhelmed lies in what you give your attention to. What you focus on expands, so remember this the next time you feel overwhelmed. You have the power to create your reality, and that starts with what you give your energy and what thoughts you allow.
4. “Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.”
Being overwhelmed often means putting our focus in a time that isn’t the present. To avoid getting stressed, simply bring your attention back to the now. We can’t change the past and we can’t control the future, but we can do our best to create a positive experience in the present.
5. Stop stressing. Everything will be okay, just let it go.
No matter what happens in life, you can’t always control the outcome. All you can do is give it up to the universe to decide what it wants you to learn and experience.
6. Sometimes you have to stop thinking so much and just go where your heart takes you.
Oftentimes, we feel overwhelmed by trying to control our reality too much. Letting go and enjoying the process can usually alleviate any feelings of stress, because we’ve stepped back and allowed life to run its course.
7. Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.
One of the best things you can do in life is to believe in yourself. As long as you have you and your faith doesn’t waver, you can meet any challenge in life head on.
8. When something is gone; something better is coming.
Don’t focus on the past. You can learn from it, but don’t allow it to define you. The past is behind you for a reason; keep your eyes peeled for what’s in store ahead of you.
9. “Don’t give up now. Chances are your best kiss, your hardest laugh, and your greatest day are still yet to come.” – Atticus
No matter what, just keep on going. If you give up now, you won’t know the many blessings that await you in the days to come. Oftentimes, our greatest battles simply prepare us for a wonderful future.
10. We cannot start over, but we can create a new beginning.
Sometimes, you just need to hit the reset button. It’s not always about fixing what’s broken; sometimes it’s about moving on and creating a better future in a new place.
11. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.
No human is perfect; we’re constantly evolving and working on ways to better ourselves. Just embrace your strengths and keep developing your weaknesses. So you don’t have to be perfect, you just have to keep going and do whatever it takes to gain your own approval.