If you’ve ever felt lonely before, you know just how badly it can hurt. Scientists have even called loneliness an epidemic due to how widespread and severe the isolation can seem in our modern way of living. We all have feelings of being alone in this world from time to time, but we can learn valuable lessons through the seemingly unbearable pain. The next time you feel lonely, refer to the following quotes for guidance and support.
“Don’t feel lonely; the entire universe is inside you.” – Rumi
Here are 11 quotes to remember when you feel lonely:
1. “Not everyone you lose is a loss.” – Unknown
2. “Sometimes, you just need a break. In a beautiful place. Alone. To figure everything out.” – Unknown
3. “When you are evolving to your higher self, the road seems lonely. But you’re simply shedding energies that no longer match the frequency of your destiny.” – Unknown
4. “The hardest walk is walking alone, but it’s also the walk that makes you the strongest.” – Unknown
5. “A meaningful silence is always better than meaningless words.” – Unknown
6. Standing alone is better than being around people who don’t value you.
7. “To find peace, sometimes you have to be willing to lose the connection with the people, places, and things that create all the noise in your life.” – Unknown
8. “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” – Robert Tew
9. “People know your name, not your story. They’ve heard what you’ve done, but not what you’ve been through. So take their opinions of you with a grain of salt. In the end, it’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts. Sometimes you have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.” – Unknown
10. “You can come out bitter or you can come out better. There is purpose in your pain.” – Unknown
11. “The ones who notice the storms in your eyes, the silence in your voice and the heaviness in your heart are the ones you need to let in.” – Unknown