During a life crisis, you can easily lose sight of your motivation and even reason for living. Everything seems painful as you watch your life seemingly crumble before your eyes, and you just don’t know where to turn. You can’t escape it, run from it, or turn back time; you just have to brave the storm and hope for the best afterwards. However, usually bad things happen in our lives in order to usher in better things. You can’t have a rainbow without a storm, so remember that the next time you deal with a life crisis. For more inspiration, we’ve included these quotes below to help you through the hardest times in your life when you may not even feel like getting out of bed to face another day.
11 Quotes To Remember When You’re Having A Life Crisis
1. Being challenged in life is inevitable. Being defeated is optional.
You have the choice as to how you will react to situations in your life. You can either let them beat you down, or teach you a hard lesson and grow from them. Choose to keep going even when it seems hard; there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.
2. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
Life is very ironic in that you have to know struggles and hardship to know peace and abundance. You can’t have one without the other, so remember that when times get hard, life simply wants you to learn a valuable lesson so you can appreciate the good times even more.
3. “We all have times when life feels hard; when we’re frustrated and tired and just want to hide away. If that is you right now, don’t worry – every caterpillar has to rest to become a butterfly and you’ll soon find your wings again. In the meantime, let your Angels wrap you in theirs. You are so loved.” – Anna Taylor
We are constantly transitioning and changing based on our circumstances, so our growth and learning never stop. If you feel stagnant, just remember that caterpillars need time to transform into beautiful butterflies, so stay strong and trust the process.
4. Ego says: Once everything falls into place, I will find peace. Spirit says: Find peace and everything falls into place.
Sometimes, life seems so messy and difficult, but you have to learn how to detach yourself in a way from the pain and struggles and find peace within.
5. I’m actually extremely grateful that some things didn’t work out the way I once wanted them to.
Bad things happen so better things can come into our lives. If something doesn’t work out, just trust that something much more positive for your soul is on its way.
6. Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
During a life crisis, you might feel as though you’re drowning, but only focus on what you can change. Accept the things you can’t change, and continue to work on actionable steps to put yourself in a better place.
7. You can’t rewrite your past, but you can grab a clean sheet of paper and write your future.
We tend to think we can’t make drastic changes in our lives, whether because of social conditioning or others’ opinions, but remember that you aren’t a tree. You can move and make changes where you need to, so don’t ever hesitate to rewrite your story.
8. Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.
If you feel stuck, just remember that you can change your story whenever you’d like. You choose your path in life, so if you don’t like where it’s led, then carve another one. You have this ultimate power.
9. As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better. – Steve Maraboli
Rejections may hurt, but learn the lesson within: life decided that the person, place or thing just wouldn’t serve your soul in the best way, so it directed you to what would uplift, challenge, and help you.
10. At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.
Remember, you don’t have to stay in a situation that you don’t like. Honor your soul, and do what feels right for you.
11. It is a sign of great character and strength to be able to lose your attachment to anyone or anything that isn’t good for you.
You don’t have to keep anything in your life that doesn’t help you grow, learn, or bring you peace. It may seem hard to let go of people, places, or things, but if they don’t make you feel good, you have a responsibility to your well-being to shed anything that brings you down.