Sometimes, it seems that life just doesn’t go our way no matter how hard we try. We can do everything in our power to make something work, but life might have different plans. Many of us feel as though we have no control over our lives, and while that might hold some truth to some extent, we do have the power to control how we react to situations. The next time you feel frustrated or at the end of your rope over something in life, just remember the following quotes to keep things in perspective.
11 Quotes To Remember When Life Is Unfair
1. Sometimes you just need to talk to a four year old and an 84 year old to understand life again. – Kristen Butler
2. Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you. – Frank Ocean
3. If you have nothing to be grateful for, check your pulse.
4. Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.
5. When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.
6. Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.
7. Every day is another chance to change your life.
8. Look for something positive in every day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.
9. Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful.
10. You have to live through the worst parts of life so you never take the best parts for granted.
11. Keep going…Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.
Here are a few things to remember when life seems unfair:
1. REMEMBER NOT TO GIVE UP.
We all go through struggles in life – it’s inevitable. Think of how unsatisfying life would be without challenges, though. We would never grow and learn without going through hard times; we would simply walk around feeling stagnant and bored. Obstacles keep us on our toes, encourage us to change and continue to break through barriers, and not fall into a trap of comfort and complacency. Just because times seem tough now, does not mean they will remain this way for long. Just keep your eyes toward the sun, and you’ll eventually find that the shadows disappear behind you.
2. REMEMBER TO OPEN YOUR HEART TO CHANGE.
A lot of times, we complicate life by resisting change. However, change keeps us afloat, helps us grow, and ensures that we continue evolving and learning important lessons. No one said change feels comfortable, but if it did, would it really be worth it? If you haven’t noticed, the best things happen in life when we reach a crossroads, when life seems so dark and depressing that we can’t imagine it getting any better. Usually, when you’ve reached your limit and can’t imagine going on any longer, this exasperation and desperation actually shows you the right path to take. Nothing good in life comes easily, but it wouldn’t feel nearly as satisfying if it just fell into your lap.
3. REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE A CHOICE.
At any point in time, you have the power to control your life – no outside force decides what job you will take, where you will live, or what attitude you will have. Everything lies in your hands, so instead of fearing or denying this responsibility, embrace it. You don’t have to work at a job you hate, or live somewhere that doesn’t make your heart happy, or stay in a relationship just because it feels safe. The moment you notice yourself falling out of love with life, you need to step back and reevaluate what decisions you’ve made thus far.
Remember, feeling broken just means that we need to make better choices for ourselves, so give yourself the opportunity to do so. You deserve to feel happy, but sometimes, it takes some elbow grease and a total upheaval in life to get there.
4. REMEMBER THAT PAIN DOESN’T LAST FOREVER.
Pain never goes on forever; if it did, we wouldn’t even know what happiness feels like. Just as we said before, life works in a realm of duality – we must feel sadness and despair to know joy, as frustrating as that might seem. Remember also that it’s okay to feel uncomfortable – instead of fighting these feelings, allow them to just pass through you. What you resist persists, so the longer you go to war with your innermost feelings, the longer they will linger. Embrace the pain, learn and grow from it, and thank it for teaching you valuable lessons. Pain can serve as a very valuable teacher if we accept it instead of condemning it and wishing it would leave us alone.
5. REMEMBER TO FOCUS ON ALL THE GOOD IN YOUR LIFE.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
Oftentimes when we feel broken, we tend to just fixate on everything wrong in our lives instead of everything going right. Even if you can only feel thankful for getting out of bed this morning, extending gratitude toward life helps more goodness flow your way. If you focus your attention on everything going badly, guess what? You will only attract more of the same. Countless studies have linked gratitude with better relationships, improved health, a more optimistic attitude about life, and much more.