Love is a universal emotion. When we express our love, we touch the hearts of those we care about. Quotes about love can help us to focus our thoughts and feelings. These meaningful love quotes warm the heart. Each quote reflects a different aspect of love. These love quotes will resonate in different situations. They will bring you a new way to express yourself.
These 10 beautiful quotes about love will help you express your feelings for that special someone. Whether your love is romantic, between parent and child, or between friends, you will find a quote that moves you. You will find the best quotes about love here.
10 Touching Quotes about Love that will Warm your Heart
1. “Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.” – Samuel Lover
2. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
3. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
4. “Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.” – Haruki Murakami
5. “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” – C.S. Lewis
(Even Dr. Seuss has a quote on love …)
6. “You know when you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
7. “Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (The New Jerusalem Bible)
8. “Love is unpredictable and it’s frustrating and it’s tragic and it’s beautiful. And even though there’s no way to feel like I’m an expert at it, it’s worth writing songs about—more than anything else I’ve ever experienced in my life.” – Taylor Swift
9. “‘You’ll get over it…’ It’s the clichés that cause the trouble. To lose someone you love is to alter your life for ever. You don’t get over it because ‘it’ is the person you loved. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes. How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not made anodyne by death. This hole in my heart is in the shape of you and no-one else can fit it. Why would I want them to?” – Jeanette Winterson
10. “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
The best quotes about love reflect the universal human experience. Anyone who has ever been in love can relate to many of these quotes. These love quotes were written by a wide variety of musicians, poets, and famous people. Even the Bible has important things to say about love.