One of the first things children learn is to say thank you and show appreciation. This polite expression is beneficial in many ways, and you might not realize how great it can be for your life. These gratitude quotes can help you remember to be more thankful, promoting happiness in your life.
Gratitude is a universal idea, crossing all genders, ages, and nations, and it can make you happier. Not only does gratitude bond people, but I can make those around you feel better, too. When they know that you’re thankful for them and what they do, they’ll feel good and want to keep doing those things.
Additionally, expressing your appreciation will make you feel good about yourself and your life, too. Being thankful allows you to bring joy, meaning, and clarity to all situations in your life. It can positively change everything in your life, including your career and personal life.
Fifteen Gratitude Quotes That Will Make You Happy
Spend your time and energy focusing on all you have right now rather than on the things you want. If you wish to experience joy all day, remembering these gratitude quotes can help you. They’ll inspire you to express gratitude, and you won’t forget about all the good things in your life.
1. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
With gratitude, you can make every day into a day of thanksgiving, as Ward explains. It makes every task more joyful and makes every opportunity seem like a blessing. With these benefits, you’re sure to experience happiness all day because you see the good in your life.
2. “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” – Deepak Chopra
You also experience power, wisdom, and creativity when you express gratitude. The only way to open these doors is by giving thanks whenever you have the chance. Don’t miss out on living the best life possible by not appreciating what you have right now.
3. “Stop thinking of gratitude as a byproduct of your circumstances and start thinking of it as a worldview.” – Bryan Robles
Your circumstances in life don’t make you appreciative because it is all about your mindset. As Robles explains, you must think about gratitude as a worldview. When you think of it this way, it becomes a natural way of thinking, allowing you to experience happiness all the time.
4. “Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
With gratitude, you’ll experience truthfulness and authenticity. Additionally, you’ll experience joy as you stay true to yourself and stay open to stronger bonds in your relationships. Spend time each day giving thanks for all that you have, and you’ll unlock so much in your life.
5. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
You can’t simply say that you’re appreciative of something and now show it, too. Vocally express your gratitude, and then live by the words you say. As Kennedy explains, showing that you appreciate what you have is the best way to express yourself.
6. “Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.” – Brian Tracy
Every person you meet brings something to your life, whether good or bad. If you think that someone didn’t add value to your life, you still learned something from them. You might have realized that spending time with negative people isn’t a good idea, or you may have learned that not everyone can be trusted.
However, you’ll typically learn positive things from the people you meet. They might teach you something, help you, or support you in your endeavors. Whatever people bring to your life, make sure to express gratitude.
7. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
Gratitude can help you feel joy because it allows you to become more present. When you live in the present, you’re more aware of the good things and people in your life. You’ll focus on spending time enjoying and loving everything you have right now.
With this positive mindset, you’ll not only feel happier, but you’ll feel more appreciative, too. The more often you express gratitude, the more you will experience. It’s a cycle of positivity that promotes feelings of fulfillment and meaning.
8. “Gratitude makes sense of your past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
Showing gratitude does more than show others that you appreciate them. It also goes further than being appreciative of what you have right now. Gratitude can help you find happiness by adjusting your mindset to view your past, present, and future accurately.
When you express gratitude, your past will start to make more sense. You’ll begin to understand why things happened the way that they did, and you’ll learn to accept it. Additionally, gratitude helps you find peace within and determine which path is right for your future.
9. “Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” – Epictetus
It doesn’t matter how many things you have in life or how expensive your possessions are. When it comes to being appreciative, all that matters is that you have few wants in life. Don’t spend your time wishing you had more.
Instead, spend your time appreciating what you do have right now. Even if you don’t have a ton of material possessions, you still have plenty. When you realize that and start living a gracious life, you’ll become much happier.
10. “When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere.” – Emmanuel Dalgher
The more appreciative you are, the more positive things you’ll notice all around you. Miracles happen all the time if you have the right mindset and know to look for them. Practice gratitude each day so that you don’t miss out on the wonders happening in the universe each day.
11. “Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with joy.” – Sara Avant Stover
When you express gratitude, you’re sure to feel better overall. You’ll experience a boost to your mood, and you’ll be filled with joy, as Stover explains. This gratitude quote will help you remember the importance of expressing your appreciation for everything you have right now.
12. “Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
Many people spend their lives searching for happiness without realizing they can’t find it that way. If you want to experience happiness, you must stop trying to earn it, own it, or consume it. It’s not something you can buy or track down, as it is something you must experience every day.
You can only find happiness if you live each day with a positive attitude. Spend every minute of your day expressing love, grace, and gratitude. Once you start living this way, you’ll quickly experience joy every day.
13. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” – Dale Carnegie
When it comes to finding happiness, it isn’t about materialist things. As Carnegie explains, it isn’t about who you are, where you are, or what you do that determines your joy. Instead, the only thing that can bring happiness to your life is your mindset.
Things won’t always go the way you hoped they would, but you must express gratitude anyway. With this mindset, you’ll find happiness unlike anything you’ve experienced before.
14. “Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.” – Unknown
This gratitude quote is one of the best ones to write down and put in an area you’ll see often. It reminds you to live graciously, embrace love, and find peace within. Additionally, this gratitude quote also serves as a reminder that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.
With all of the positivity in this gratitude quote, you’re sure to experience feelings of thankfulness. As you start to show more appreciation for what and who you have in your life right now, joy is sure to follow. With gratitude, love, peace, and hope, you’ll begin to see the beauty all around you.
15. “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.” – Albert Clarke
You can’t spend your life searching for joy, thinking it’ll finally make you feel appreciative. If you live with that mindset, you’ll always be unhappy because you’ll continually search for something you can’t find. You must experience gratitude first, and then happiness will follow.
If you aren’t happy with what you have right now, you won’t be content with more, either. Material possessions won’t bring you the joy you desire, but gratitude will. Plus, when you express gratitude, you’ll find that more good things come your way.
Final Thoughts on Quotes to Help Instill Gratitude and Happiness All Day
Feeling and expressing gratitude is the only way to find happiness. If you want to be happy all day, you’ll want to keep finding things to express gratitude about. It isn’t hard to find something to appreciate, as you have good things and people in your life.
Additionally, you can express gratitude for the world around you. The world is full of beauty, and all that it takes to experience it is walking outside. Once you start expressing gratitude each day to help you find happiness, you’re sure to see all the great things around you.
If you ever struggle with being appreciative of what you have right now, return to these gratitude quotes. The words of wisdom will inspire you and remind you of all the reasons you have to be happy.